These tasty, nutritious hemp superfood ENERGY Protein bars are AMAZING! I’ve been making my own energy bars for over two years and they are so easy to make. Once you make your own, you won’t go back to purchasing pre-made, retail bars (unless you are out and just need to grab one). Most energy bars on the market are full of JUNK. There are some quality products out there too, but they can be a bit pricey for the quality ingredients you’re paying for. Homemade nutrition bars are great for “on-the-go” snacks, post workout, hiking, outdoor activities, or just whenever!
Benefits of making your own bars:
1. So much cheaper!
2. Can add your own specific ingredients (according to your own personal tastes and bar texture preference).
3. Made with whole food nutrition.
4. Change up the recipe for versatility, your nutritional needs and for different flavors.
Raw Hemp Superfood Energy Protein Bars
- 2 cups dates
- 2 handfuls raw almonds
- 1 handful raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup raw hemp seeds
- Juice from 1 lemon + some zest
- 1 scoop of Ergogenics Plant Protein +Greens in Chocolate or Vanilla
- 1-2 handfuls of mixed superfood berries
1. Place almonds in food processor and process till ground up (which ever consistency your prefer).
2. Add dates, hemp seeds, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and pulse repeatedly till combined.
3. Add Ergogenics Plant Protein +Greens and super food berries and pulse a few times to incorporate.
4. Add lemon juice and zest and pulse till it forms a big sticky ball (add more dates or lemon juice if needed).
5. Press dough into a baking dish, or free hand shape into a rectangle and cut with cookie cutter shapes, or just into squares. It is easier to press into a pan, refrigerate and then cut into shapes/squares, sprinkle fine coconuts and almond crumbs for garnish.
6. I then wrap each one individually in saran wrap and keep in a zip-lock baggie or tupperware/glass container for quick and easy accessibility. They do have a tendency to stick to one another if you don’t wrap individually. You could also do a single layer of a few bars then place a piece of parchment paper between and layer again to prevent much sticking.
Notes: For variations, add cacao powder, carob powder, mesquite powder, cinnamon, candied ginger, orange juice and zest (LOVELY!), acai powder, Organic Whole Greens, cacao nibs, etc. The skies the limit! Play around and find your favorite blend!