Who says healthy food needs to taste bland, and uneventful? Packed with micronutrients, protein, over 20 amino acids, this morning bowl of glory is anything but that. Starting your day off right is one of the reasons for a successful day. If you fill your tank with nutrient lacking fuel, your turnover is going to be lacking as well. I use zoatmeal (Or sometimes called, “zoats”.) as my daily breakfast or nutrient support meal. Before trying zoats, I always thought that adding zucchini to oatmeal was a crazy idea. But after experimental test runs I discovered the perfect texture, and taste that almost made me forget I was getting that extra serving of vegetables! Now, especially when I add a protein powder (I love Ergogenics Protein + Greens powder.), it makes my morning meal my kickstart for a day full of energy, and focus.
- ¼.-½c. gluten free rolled oats
- 1t. steel cut oats (optional)
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 1c. water or plant-based milk
- 1t. vanilla extract
- 1t. tapioca starch
- ½ scoop Ergogenics Protein + Greens
Monster Green Drizzle:
- 2T. Ergogenics Protein + Greens
- 1/4t. spirulina or matcha powder
- almond milk (enough to thin)
- dried mango (chopped)
- dried cranberries (chopped)
- In a medium saucepan bring to a bubble over medium/low heat the oats, zucchini, and liquid.
- Cook until desired thickness and tenderness (8-15 minutes.)
- Remove from heat. Whisk in remaining ingredients and transfer to a bowl.
- In a separate cup, mix together the Monster Green Drizzle ingredients (Adding enough almond milk to reach desired consistency.), and drizzle or stir into your prepared zoatmeal.
- Top with dried fruit.
Recipe by Bethany of Garnish With Love