This recipe has only five ingredients and can be whipped up in 10 minutes. It contains monounsaturated fats (coconut oil and nut butter) which are important for reducing "bad" cholesterol and preventing heart disease. The protein burst will help to prevent a blood sugar spike and keep energy levels stable. Speaking of a boost, cocoa and cacao are both great mood-boosters and heart-healthy. Lastly, the addition of maca creates a unique, earthy flavor. Studies on maca have shown it can help increase libido, decrease anxiety and decrease depression.
Ingredients (makes 9):
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup nut butter
1/4 cup Ergogenics chocolate protein powder
1.5 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
0.5 tbsp maca powder (optional)
1. Stir coconut oil and nut butter together on low heat on the stove.
2. Add in protein, cacao and maca powders. Stir all until smooth.
3. Gently drop spoonfuls into mini muffin pan.
4. Quickly place muffin pan in freezer and freeze overnight.
5. In the morning, pop the cups out of the pan and enjoy. Store in freezer.
Who knew making chocolate could be so easy?!
For more amazing recipes visit Dylan at Phruitful Dish