This high-protein granola will envelope your kitchen with the smell of a freshly baked almond tart. One beauty of this recipe is you can add any nuts, seeds, or dried fruit you have on hand to the mix, or simply follow the recipe below.
Note: When baking nuts, it's important to keep the oven temperature below 250°F to avoid damaging the healthy polyunsaturated fats and the oxidation of potentially harmful toxins.
1. Preheat oven at 250°F.
2. Place dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix together.
3. Add wet ingredients and combine well.
4. Spread out mixture on two cookie sheets covered in parchment paper creating a thin even layer.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-45 min, stirring half way through.
6. Let cool then enjoy.
7. Store in airtight container.